WENDOVER — One man was hit by an RV and killed when he wandered into traffic on I-80 on a return trip to from Wendover, Nevada early Saturday morning.
According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, the man was one of two passengers in a Honda Civic while heading home from Wendover.
Two passengers, who had been drinking, needed to use the restroom and the driver pulled over at mile marker 37.
The department said in a statement, “While pulled over, one of the passengers began to walk towards traffic.” The man was hit by a 2019 Fleetwood RV and pronounced dead at the scene.
Neither the driver of the Civic or the driver of the RV is suspected of impairment, the statement said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Proposed bill would bring back DMV registration reminders for Utah drivers
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn