Police: Renters get drunk, start shooting at neighbors
ROSE CANYON, Utah– Unified Police officers and a SWAT unit descended on a Rose Canyon neighborhood after reports three men were shooting at a neighboring house.
Det. Ken Hanson, with Unified Police Department, confirmed three men barricaded themselves after shots were fired at a home near 143rd South Shaggy Mountain Road Wednesday evening.
Hanson said the home is a short-term rental and the men were from Idaho and in Salt Lake County on business. He said the men had been drinking and decided it would be a good idea to go outside and fire a handgun at the neighboring home.
Numerous rounds were fired and a shelter-in-place order was activated. Airbnb confirms the house is listed through on the website but says their platform was not used to book the rental.
The SWAT team and an armored vehicle responded after the men barricaded inside the rental home. After several hours, the SWAT officers used flash bangs to get the attention of the suspects, who eventually complied with commands given over a megaphone, Hanson said.
Luckily, no one was injured. Officers are still accessing the property damage and what charges might be filed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church breaks ground on Williamette Valley Oregon Temple
- Some Sugar House residents unable to move back in as fire continues to smolder
- Grantsville child dies, police investigating suspected child abuse
- Utah is the second-most stressed state according to new study
- In newly liberated villages, Ukrainian investigators uncover horrific claims of Russian…
- Honeybees produce as much electricity as a thunderstorm, study shows
- Update: Jazz player tests positive for COVID-19, NBA season suspended
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park – a blast from the past is memorialized in a new park
- OPINION: Dissecting Joe Biden’s eskimo kissing allegations
- Walmart limits the number of customers in stores to help fight the spread of coronavirus