ROSE CANYON, Utah– Unified Police officers and a SWAT unit descended on a Rose Canyon neighborhood after reports three men were shooting at a neighboring house.
Det. Ken Hanson, with Unified Police Department, confirmed three men barricaded themselves after shots were fired at a home near 143rd South Shaggy Mountain Road Wednesday evening.
Hanson said the home is a short-term rental and the men were from Idaho and in Salt Lake County on business. He said the men had been drinking and decided it would be a good idea to go outside and fire a handgun at the neighboring home.
Numerous rounds were fired and a shelter-in-place order was activated. Airbnb confirms the house is listed through on the website but says their platform was not used to book the rental.
The SWAT team and an armored vehicle responded after the men barricaded inside the rental home. After several hours, the SWAT officers used flash bangs to get the attention of the suspects, who eventually complied with commands given over a megaphone, Hanson said.
Luckily, no one was injured. Officers are still accessing the property damage and what charges might be filed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Teacher stands by as Vernal Middle School student is viciously assaulted
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn