PROVO, Utah — Provo Police are looking for the driver of a white SUV after multiple shots were fired at the main security booth of the Missionary Training Center (MTC) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
At 2:28 am on Monday August 3, 2020, the driver of a white SUV shot multiple rounds at the Main MTC security booth at 900 East in Provo, UT.
Police are on the scene and investigating. pic.twitter.com/KBUvIIaCqw
— Provo Police (@ProvoPolice) August 3, 2020
The department said on Twitter that the shots were fired around 2:28 a.m. at the MTC security booth near 2005 North and 900 East in Provo.
There are no reports of any injuries.
“We are grateful that the shooting this morning at the Provo Missionary Training Center did not result in physical injury. The investigation of this incident is being handled by the Provo City Police Department, and questions related to details, motive or any other information should be directed to them,” church spokesman Eric Hawkins said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Campbell with Provo Police at email@example.com or 801-852-7315.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say