(CNN) — A large explosion rocked the Lebanese capital Beirut on Tuesday, damaging buildings and offices around the city.
The source of the explosion was a major fire at a warehouse for firecrackers near the port in Beirut, the state-run National News Agency reported.
— Zaiنab Hijazi (@zainabhijazi97) August 4, 2020
A red cloud hung over the city in the wake of the blast as firefighting teams rushed to the scene to try to put out the fire.
— Bissan Fakih (@BissanCampaigns) August 4, 2020
Local news reported multiple people were wounded in the incident.
This is a breaking story, more to follow.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Children’s Service Society
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest