LOS ANGELES — The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, celebrates her 39th birthday today. And despite Meghan and Prince Harry’s recent decision to step down from royal duties, Meghan received well-wishes from the British royal family.
Well-wishes from the royal family
Meghan is celebrating privately with husband Prince Harry and 15-month-old son Archie.
Many of the royal family members sent their wishes over social media, including Prince William and Kate Middleton. Kate and William posted to their Kensington Royal Instagram page, “Wishing a very happy birthday to The Duchess of Sussex today!” The photo includes Meghan greeting a little girl during a surprise appearance for military families last November.
View this post on Instagram
Queen Elizabeth Ⅱ and Prince Phillip followed up with a birthday wish of their own – a picture posted to the Royal Family’s Instagram of Queen Elizabeth and Meghan together during a memorable outing in Chester, England in 2018.
The kind words give hope that William and Kate are on better terms with Meghan and Harry. The birthday wishes from William and Kate are notably the first public expression of friendship since the release of the book Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family.
Omid Scobie, the co-author of the book, recently told PEOPLE Magazine that “a lot of damage has been done” to the relationship between the two couples. Scobie said that Meghan and Harry felt off-put by the lack of acceptance and warmth from William and Kate during their last royal appearance.
Meghan and her family currently reside in her hometown of Los Angeles and have been staying secluded during the pandemic.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- COVID-19 deaths in Utah: Who were the people that we’ve lost?
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back