UTAH GIVES BACK
Brain Body Boost (B3)
Healthy kids make engaged students. Children who are active and eating well are more likely to have improved concentration, are happier, and earn higher grades. But too many kids are not getting the exercise and nutrition they need.
SelectHealth has created an online, school-based program that helps teachers, students, and parents live the healthiest lives possible through B3: Brain Body Boost. This program helps 4th , 5th, and 6th grade teachers bring health education into the classroom while students get active through lesson plans, activities, and other online resources.
The B3 curriculum is aligned with the Utah Health Education Core Standards, providing teachers with tools to complete these requirements. Participation is completely FREE, teachers can earn free school supplies by completing program tasks, and classes can earn grand prizes for being active.
Students will enter their daily activity minutes online to track their progress. If you’re interested in learning more or are a teacher interested in signing up, go to b3kids.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact from B3 as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mayor announces Trader Joe’s will be coming to Draper in 2023
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- Authorities say one person is dead, another arrested in Kearns shooting
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- Federal judge rules Diesel Brothers violated Clean Air Act
- Oquirrh Hills Elementary School first to be shut down under Utah’s turnaround program
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Oliver and Olivia top Utah baby names list for third year
- Holiday flight cancellations soar with Covid-19 disruptions and bad weather
- State takes steps to better fund school psychologists and social workers