SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– The Unified Fire Authority have ordered evacuations for the Mt. Aire area due to the Parleys Fire.
The fire is estimated at 200 acres and growing rapidly. Eastbound I-80 is closed in both directions beginning at the mouth of the canyon to Parleys Summit.
An aircraft has been ordered and ground resources are being utilized, according to Unified Fire Authority. Ariel resources are making retardant drops in an attempt to contain the fire.
Those who are displaced by the Parley’s Fire can meet at Skyline High School on 3251 E. 3760 S. in Salt Lake City.
Officials ask that people please avoid the area to allow for fire resources to respond and evacuation traffic to exit safely.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Utah Democrats: Board of Education’s Natalie Cline should be held accountable
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say