SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– The Unified Fire Authority have ordered evacuations for the Mt. Aire area due to the Parleys Fire.
The fire is estimated at 200 acres and growing rapidly. Eastbound I-80 is closed in both directions beginning at the mouth of the canyon to Parleys Summit.
An aircraft has been ordered and ground resources are being utilized, according to Unified Fire Authority. Ariel resources are making retardant drops in an attempt to contain the fire.
Those who are displaced by the Parley’s Fire can meet at Skyline High School on 3251 E. 3760 S. in Salt Lake City.
Officials ask that people please avoid the area to allow for fire resources to respond and evacuation traffic to exit safely.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Officer Rusty Bingham & Officer Trent Thompson, Riverdale Police Department
- Suspected Utah bank robbers killed man in Colorado, authorities say
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Dropping mask mandate in April is too soon, county mayor says
- Mantua police chief dismissed, other officers resign shortly after
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC