DUCHESNE — Duchesne County deputies say a small plane that took off from Roosevelt with six people on board crashed near Moon Lake Friday morning sending each passenger to the hospital.
The plane reportedly experienced engine trouble when it crashed just south of the lake near a group campground.
Deputies said that one male passenger was flown by helicopter to Utah Valley Hospital in Provo with serious injuries that did not appear to be life-threatening.
All other occupants of the small plane were transported by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center in Roosevelt.
The FAA will be conducting an investigation on the crash.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America