MALIBU, Calif. (AP) — Simon Cowell broke his back Saturday while testing his new electric bicycle at his home in California.
Cowell was expected to have surgery Saturday evening, according to a spokesperson for the entertainment mogul. Cowell fell off the bike while in the courtyard with his family at his house in Malibu. He was taken to a hospital and was said to be under observation and doing fine.
Cowell created “America’s Got Talent” and serves as a judge on the show. He has also been the judge on “Britain’s Got Talent,” “The X Factor” and “American Idol.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Bodies of man and his slave unearthed from ashes at Pompeii
- School bus safety bill passes
- Rescuers say infant CPR saved one year-old baby
- Looking for something fun to do with your whole family? 3 fun things to do in Logan, Utah
- DC Police report 68 arrests made
- House Democrat says Mueller, Judiciary Committee reach deal for special counsel to testify on May 15
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- Landslide at Myanmar jade mine kills at least 162 people