SALT LAKE CITY– The South Salt Lake Police Department (SSLPD) is investigating multiple sexual assault cases suspected to be perpetrated by the same man.
In a press release Tuesday, authorities said they’re working on locating and identifying additional females that may have been victimized by a Latino male.
“The South Salt Lake Investigation Team is working on locating and identifying additional victims that have been victimized by a Hispanic male in his 30’s,” the department posted on Facebook.
Three female victims reported similar descriptions of being sexually and physically assaulted in 2016, 2017 and 2020, according to the South Salt Lake Investigation Team.
The South Salt Lake Investigation Team is working on locating and identifying additional victims that have been…
Police believe the suspect is luring victims by approaching them on the road and offering a ride to a location of their choice. At first, investigators weren’t sure if the attacks were connected since the suspect’s vehicle was different every time. However, they later realized the suspect used the same method of attack on all three victims.
South Salt Lake Police Spokesperson Danielle Croyle says, “The suspect drives behind a building and, during the course of that, she is physically and sexually assaulted. He throws her out of the car and [in two cases] he threatens to harm her as he drives away.”
Since the investigations started, all three of the victims have reportedly moved away and police are having a hard time finding them. Due to the continued reports and time frame, the SSLPD thinks there are other victims that have been reluctant to come forward. Croyle understands this could be a terrifying things for assault victims to do, but, she says the department needs as much help as they can finding their suspect.
She says, “We are here to support you and help you through this process. The only way we can hold a perpetrator accountable is by collaborating and working together on these investigations.”
If anyone has been victimized or has information about any of the Salt Lake sexual assault cases, you’re encouraged to contact SVU Detective Mullins at (801) 412-3645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributing: Paul Nelson
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy