SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Smith’s Food and Drug store issued a recall on a variety of cheese dips sold in its stores Tuesday, citing possible Salmonella contamination. The dips in question — all in clear, plastic containers — were sold between May 16 and Aug. 6.
Smith’s officials said customers who bought the product should not eat it — urging them to return it to their local store for a full refund.
“Out of an abundance of caution, these items have been removed from store shelves,” the grocery store said in a statement. “The company has initiated its customer recall notification system that alerts customers who may have purchased recalled products through register receipt tape messages and phone calls.”
The recall comes after a Salmonella outbreak within red, yellow and white onions sold from Thomson International, which was reported July 31. Days later, bulk onions sourced from the company were removed from stores.
It was later determined those onions may have been used in several in-store cheese dips.
cheese dips on recall:
- Murray’s Chad’s Smoked Gouda
- Murray’s Jalepeno Jarlsberg Dip
- Murray’s Bacon Chive Jarlsberg Dip
- Murray’s Southwestern Jarlsberg Dip
- Jarlsberg Dip
- Jarlsberg Cheese Spread
- Pimento Cheese Dip
- Deli Jarlsberg Jalapeno Dip
- Deli Bacon Chive Jarlsberg Dip
- Deli Southwestern Jarlsberg Dip
- Jarlsberg Dip
- Deli Jarlsberg Cheese Dip
- Deli Applewood Cheddar Dip
- Deli Buffalo Blue Cheese Spread
- Deli Southwest Cheese Spread
- Deli Ranch Cheese Spread
Additional questions can be directed to Kroger Customer Contact: (800) 576-4377
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Romney seen marching at DC protests against George Floyd’s death
- Eloise Bridges – Payson High School
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Opinion: Feed Utah food drive demonstrates what Utah does best
- Mr. Mike Huestis – American Fork High School
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- Utah man’s body recovered after jump from top of waterfalls
- MOVIE SHOW: Tower of Terror 2018
- Satellite imagery finds likely Kim train amid health rumors
- A tiger went on an 800-mile odyssey in search of food, a mate, and a place to call home