ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz will officially open the 2020 NBA playoffs on August 17th against the Denver Nuggets. The COVID reconfigured playoffs match the sixth-seeded Jazz against the third-seeded Denver Nuggets, first game tips off Monday, at 11:30 a.m. at The Field House in Orlando.
This is the fourth straight season that the Jazz has made the NBA playoffs, with the upcoming postseason their 29th in franchise history. The Jazz have advanced to the Conference Semifinals 16 times, Western Conference Finals six times and the NBA Finals twice.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) August 14, 2020
The Jazz has some history with the Nuggets in the postseason, with the upcoming series the fifth time the team has taken on Denver in the Playoffs (1984, 1985, 1994 and 2010) and the third time the team has played the Nuggets in the first round, last winning the opening series 4-2 in 2010.
Since the NBA has re-opened a shortened 2020 season in late July, The Jazz and the Nuggets have played once, on August 8th where the Jazz lost in double OT 134-132 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
For this first round of the Playoffs, the teams will play a best of seven. The first game on Monday will be televised on AT&T SportsNet and ESPN.
The @UtahJazz playoff schedule: All times Eastern.
Monday 1:30 PM on ESPN
Wednesday 4:00 PM on TNT
Friday 4:00 PM on TNT
Sunday 9:00 PM on TNT
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday if necessary.
— Ben Anderson (@BensHoops) August 13, 2020
The other six will be:
Wednesday, August 19 at 2:00 p.m on TNT
Friday, August 21 at 2:00 p.m. on TNT
Sunday, August 23 at 7:00 p.m. on TNT
Tuesday, August 25 (Time and TV has yet to be announced)
— Sarah Todd (@NBASarah) August 14, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general