OREM, Utah — I-15 will be closed both directions between University Parkway and 800 N in Orem this weekend as crews begin to pour concrete on a new pedestrian bridge.
The 1,000-foot pedestrian bridge should open later this year. It will provide access for Utah Valley University students and faculty traveling between housing, campus and the Orem FrontRunner station. UDOT expects when complete, at 15 feet wide, it will accommodate foot traffic as well as bikes and scooters.
The $30.7 million project has been a collaboration between the Utah Department of Transportation, Utah Valley University and the Utah Transit Authority.
UDOT says I-15 will remain closed between 10 p.m. on Saturday night and 10 a.m. on Sunday morning while crews work.
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- United Utah Party: Investigate Gov. Herbert for possible inducement
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Hey, sports fans: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- 5 Steve Irwin quotes that are also just great life advice