MURRAY — Utah Highway Patrol says one person is dead from an early Saturday morning auto-pedestrian accident in Murray involving a white SUV at the top of the exit ramp to 4500 South. The incident happened around 4:30 Saturday morning.
“The SUV struck a pedestrian and continued driving. A citizen followed the SUV and called 9-1-1 to report it as reckless driving. Murray PD located the suspect vehicle and stopped it,” according to UHP Corporal Andrew Battenfield.
Battenfield says it was a short time later that they went back to the scene of the accident and found the body near the exit ramp in Murray. He does not know why the pedestrian was out on that exit ramp early Saturday morning. The driver is being investigated for impairment.
Neither identities of the driver or pedestrian are known as of early Saturday morning, according to UHP.
All lanes of SB I-15 were back open by 9 a.m. Saturday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- New to the job, Utah Rep. Blake Moore describes chaos at US Capitol
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Summit County tops 90% mark for over-70 vaccinations
- Courage Reins