GARDEN CITY, UT — A fire that was fueled by propane burned through a mobile home park on the south side of Bear Lake on Saturday night, destroying three homes and badly damaging another.
“Propane appears to be one of the initiating factors, ” said Garden City Fire District Chief Mike Wahlberg in a news release.
“As the fire progressed, it destroyed the first home and quickly spread to three other structures.”
“During the course of the fire, several large explosions caused by multiple propane tanks shook the immediate vicinity,” he said.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze but not before the fire destroyed three structures left one badly damaged.
It was reported that no homeowners sustained any injuries and that all were accounted for.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- Earthquake damage shuts down Magna fire station
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- 4 Fun Family Activities You Can Do at a County Fair
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- LSU QB Joe Burrow wins Heisman Trophy in landslide vote
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- Sri Lanka bombing suspects may still be on the run, police warn