SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — This Election Day, those unable to vote by mail will have an opportunity to cast their ballot at the home of the Utah Jazz. Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment and the Salt Lake County Clerk’s office has announced that Vivint Arena will serve as a polling station for the General Election on November 3.
Cast your vote where the Jazz play
Additionally, three Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres will also serve as polling locations. Those sites are Luxury Theatres at Cottonwood in Holladay, Megaplex Theatres at The District in South Jordan, and Megaplex Theatres at Jordan Commons in Sandy.
“Our sports and entertainment venues are familiar community gathering places, and we are pleased to join with the Salt Lake County Election Division to provide four facilities as safe, convenient and accessible voting locations on Election Day,” Gail Miller, owner, and chairman of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies explains in a press release.
According to the release, Vivint Arena and Megaplex Theatres will comply with Utah and Salt Lake County guidelines governing public health and safety. Additionally, free parking will be available at Park Place adjacent to the arena.
“Exercising our right to vote allows us to share our voice and to act to preserve our rights and freedoms,” says Miller. “We hope the use of our facilities provides voters with greater poll access and that the voter experience meets the highest standards of safety, security, and election integrity.”
Other options available for voters
The voter registration deadline in Utah is October 23. In addition to in-person voting on Election Day, voters also have the option of casting their ballot by mail or an in-person early voting period.
To determine whether you are an active or inactive voter, visit www.vote.utah.gov, and select “Find My Voter Registration Information.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Teen in critical condition after Taylorsville Shooting
- Constitutional Amendment A: a Utah voter’s guide
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Mr. Daryl Hunt – Horizonte Instruction & Training Ctr.
- Who will win the presidential race on November 3rd? It’s anyone’s guess