KEARNS — A fatal crash at 5600 West and 5830 South killed one woman and left two others hospitalized according to officials with the United Police Department.
UPD Sgt. Melody Gray said the officers had responded to Thomas Jefferson Jr. High School on a “keep the peace” call with a 26-year-old woman just after 8 p.m.
Gray said the woman got into her vehicle after the meeting and turned to go northbound on 5600 West.
“She did not see a southbound vehicle, and that southbound vehicle t-boned her,” Gray said.
The 37-year-old woman who was driving the southbound vehicle was killed in the crash. Officers extracted her at the scene and lifesaving procedures were attempted.
She has now been identified as Cecilia Ruby Chavez from Magna.
Her 14-year-old daughter was hospitalized and is in serious condition.
The 26-year-old woman was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
The accident closed down 5600 West in both directions while police investigated.
Both Directions 5600 W at 5800 S, Salt Lake Co.
NB Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 9:30 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 29, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Dave & Dujanovic: Conceal or reveal jail mugshots?
- WATCH: Dad builds backyard roller coaster during shelter in place
- Hill AFB airman to face charges related to burned police car
- Tesla’s Cybertruck is the butt of every internet joke
- Pope sends strong message to US Catholics after Floyd death
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- ERA Utah supporters hold rally at the State Capitol building
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons