KEARNS — A fatal crash at 5600 West and 5830 South killed one woman and left two others hospitalized according to officials with the United Police Department.
UPD Sgt. Melody Gray said the officers had responded to Thomas Jefferson Jr. High School on a “keep the peace” call with a 26-year-old woman just after 8 p.m.
Gray said the woman got into her vehicle after the meeting and turned to go northbound on 5600 West.
“She did not see a southbound vehicle, and that southbound vehicle t-boned her,” Gray said.
The 37-year-old woman who was driving the southbound vehicle was killed in the crash. Officers extracted her at the scene and lifesaving procedures were attempted.
She has now been identified as Cecilia Ruby Chavez from Magna.
Her 14-year-old daughter was hospitalized and is in serious condition.
The 26-year-old woman was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
The accident closed down 5600 West in both directions while police investigated.
Both Directions 5600 W at 5800 S, Salt Lake Co.
NB Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 9:30 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 29, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Police dog gets retirement party from Davis County Sheriff’s Office