SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department (UPD) is investigating a suspicious death after a woman’s decomposing body was found on a frontage road off of Interstate 80 on Saturday.
UPD spokeswoman Sgt. Melody Gray said the body was found in an area near the Great Saltair. Gray says the body appears to have been in that location for several days.
Police identified the woman as 42-year-old Akosita Kaufusi of Salt Lake City. Her last known address was in Millcreek, but a records search found she has also lived in Roosevelt and Heber City.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup
- How emergency officials help evacuees with COVID-19
- Fire crews rescue 4 people and 18 animals from basement fire
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- State takes steps to better fund school psychologists and social workers
- Wyoming GOP vote to censure Rep. Liz Cheney over impeachment vote
- Hill AFB airman to face charges related to burned police car