SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department (UPD) is investigating a suspicious death after a woman’s decomposing body was found on a frontage road off of Interstate 80 on Saturday.
UPD spokeswoman Sgt. Melody Gray said the body was found in an area near the Great Saltair. Gray says the body appears to have been in that location for several days.
Police identified the woman as 42-year-old Akosita Kaufusi of Salt Lake City. Her last known address was in Millcreek, but a records search found she has also lived in Roosevelt and Heber City.
Today’s Top Stories
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Gateway Mall owners say crime is down 79%
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress