(CNN) — The tweet announcing that the world had lost Chadwick Boseman is now the most liked tweet of all time.
Twitter confirmed the accolade on its own verified account Saturday simply stating: “Most liked Tweet ever. A tribute fit for a King. #WakandaForever.”
Most liked Tweet ever.
— Twitter (@Twitter) August 29, 2020
The tweet from the verified Boseman account shared a black and white image of him with a statement confirming he had lost a four-year battle with colon cancer on Friday. He was 43 years old.
The message went viral and now stands alone at the top of Twitter’s metrics board with more than 5.7 million likes.
The next closest tweet was one from Barack Obama in 2017 that included a quote by Nelson Mandela. The words and image have been liked more than 4.3 million times.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wendy’s breakfast is starting to roll out
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- A Chick-fil-A manager saved a drive-thru Covid-19 vaccination clinic after traffic backed up
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- University of Utah responds to Dateline report on McCluskey killing