TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A 3-year-old girl in Taiwan was reported safe after becoming caught in the strings of a kite and lifted several meters into the air.
The unidentified girl was taking part in a kite festival Sunday in the seaside town of Nanlioao when she was caught up by a giant, long-tailed orange kite.
Video shot at the scene showed her twisting several times above a crowd of adults who struggled to pull the kite back to earth.
News reports said the girl was frightened but suffered no physical injuries in the incident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Layton police arrest two suspects in fatal shooting
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…