SALT LAKE CITY — The Alpine School District and Pleasant Grove High School reported on Monday that they have 67 active positive cases of COVID-19 throughout the 91 schools and 6 office facilities they represent.
In a news release, the district reported that of the 67 positive cases, 41 are students and 26 cases are employees.
After meeting to discuss the cases, the city of Pleasant Grove was identified as a high impact area, and concurrently, Pleasant Grove High School will move their instructional model to a modified schedule beginning Thursday, September 3.
According to the District, on Thursday, students with last names beginning with the letters A-K will have their A-day on Thursday. Their B-day will be on Friday.
On the day after Labor Day, students with last names beginning with the letters L-Z will have their A-day on Tuesday, their B-day on Wednesday.
The district says that no students will attend classes at Pleasant Grove High School on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
However, all Utah High School Activities Association events will take place as currently scheduled.
The Utah Department of Health will provide the residents of Pleasant Grove a free COVID-19 mobile testing center. It will be set up at the Pleasant Grove City outdoor pool parking lot.
The testing service will be offered on Wednesday, September 2, from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. It will also be offered Thursday, September 3, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirusis transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keepchildren and those with compromised immune systemsaway from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- Southwest Behavioral Health Center
- Davis Education Foundation
- Sanpete Pantry
- Bike Utah
- GK Folks Foundation/Afro Utah Festival
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Special Enrollment Period
- Utah Nonprofits Association
- Meline Hansen – Midas Creek Elementary