SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The FBI is searching for a suspected serial bank robber who’s known for the bandages he wears on his fingers. Authorities say the “Band-Aid Bandit” is still on the loose and considered armed and dangerous.
After robbing seven Utah banks in the past eight months, he earned his nickname after surveillance footage from every heist has shown him wearing bandages on his fingers. According to authorities, his spree started in December and over time has crossed into a number of communities.
Help the #FBI identify the “Band-Aid Bandit”, accused of robbing at least 7 Utah banks and credit unions since December, 2019. Call (801) 579-1400 with info. https://t.co/ZAk9LaHC3j pic.twitter.com/ai6ZEUiQg1
— FBI Salt Lake City (@FBISaltLakeCity) August 31, 2020
The first alleged incident took place on December 9, 2019. Cops say the unknown suspect entered a Cyprus Credit Union inside the South Jordan Gateway Walmart at around 3:45 P.M. He later presented a note threatening that he had a weapon and then left in a 2018 or 2019 silver-white Volkswagen Tiguan.
Salt Lake City
On January 3, 2020, he allegedly robbed an America First Credit Union inside Dan’s Foods near 1300 South and Foothill Drive. He reportedly again presented a note threatening to have a weapon. He’s also believed to be the suspect who robbed a US Bank inside a Smith’s Food and Drug in Salt Lake City on May 5, 2020.
The suspect allegedly robbed a US Bank located inside Smith’s Food and Drug on February 7, 2020. He reportedly presented a note threatening a weapon and was seen leaving in a Volkswagen SUV.
On February 28, 2020, the unknown suspect reportedly targeted another US Bank inside Smith’s Food and Drug. He presented a note threatening a weapon and was seen leaving in a silver-white Volkswagen SUV. Then on July 25, 2020, he is also suspected of robbing the Goldenwest Credit Union inside a Macey’s Grocery Store in Lehi.
Most recently, the unknown male suspect reportedly robbed the America First Credit Union inside Bowman’s Market on August 27, 2020.
“Band-Aid Bandit” description
The man is described as white, between 5-foot-8 and 6-feet-tall, medium build and drives a white or silver Volkswagen SUV.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI’s Salt Lake field office.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say