HURRICANE, Utah– The Utah State Liquor and Wine store in Hurricane is closed until further notice after an employee tested positive for COVID-19. Terry Wood, the director of commutations and public information for the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (DABC), confirmed the positive result on Wednesday.
As of Wednesday, only one employee at the store located at 202 N. Foothills Canyon Dr. has tested positive for coronavirus. But several other employees are also being tested.
The Hurricane Utah Liquor & Wine store is currently closed due to a positive COVID test of an employee. We are working with the Washington Co Health Dept to determine extent of exposure. We are arranging for a complete disinfecting and sanitizing of store. No reopen date set yet
— DABC Utah (@UTDABC) September 2, 2020
“As is our protocol, we closed the store immediately,” Wood stated. “We’re working with the Washington County Health Department to determine what other steps need to be taken and if there was any other possible further exposure.”
Additionally, DABC has contacted the Utah Department of Facilities and Construction Management to arrange complete disinfection and sanitation of the store.
“Once that is completed and the Washington Health Department gives us the okay, we will reopen the store,” Wood explained.
There is not a time or date when the store will reopen.
Today’s Top Stories
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Officers escort a fallen deputy’s wife across the stage at her graduation
- Residents divided on proposed Parley’s project
- Ranch owner seeks justice after longhorn bull, calf shot dead
- Sri Lanka bombing suspects may still be on the run, police warn
- Wendy’s is giving its new chicken sandwich out for free, here’s how to get one
- Project Recovery: Casey Scott and Dr. Matt answer your questions
- We know who gets the vaccine first — but who gets it next?
- Utah Guard Members Deploy to Africa