ROY, Utah — 100 students in the Weber School District have been asked to quarantine after a positive case of COVID-19 was found at Sand Ridge Jr. High School.
This story will be updated.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Student hit in front of Kennedy Jr High in WVC
- Aubrey Page – Mount Ogden Junior High
- Friends, family say San Jose police mismanaged search for tech leader
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- CEO saves life of dog after collision with skier
- Bruce, the last ‘Jaws’ shark, docks at the Academy Museum
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Canyons School District back in class
- Three more arrested in case of kidnapped and murdered Kearns woman