Salt Lake City –Police say a juvenile having a violent psychological episode was transported to the hospital in serious condition after an officer involved shooting that occurred just after 10 p.m. Friday night.
Police responded to the area of 550 S Navajo St. for a violent psychological issue involving a juvenile male who made threats with a weapon.
SLCPD Sargent Keith Horrocks said, “in this case, it was a juvenile who was having a mental episode, a psychological episode, and had made threats to some folks with a weapon.”
The juvenile reportedly fled from officers. Officers pursued the juvenile and at some point, an officer discharged his gun.
The officer who was involved in the incident is now on leave and the WVCPD is investigating the situation.
Anyone with eyewitness accounts, doorbell footage, etc. are encouraged to contact SLCPD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Smith’s supermarkets to start giving COVID-19 vaccinations
- Layton police arrest two suspects in fatal shooting