MILLCREEK, Utah — The mayor of Millcreek issued a proclamation declaring a local emergency connected to the severe windstorm that buffeted the city along with much of northern Utah on September 7 and 8.
The proclamation acknowledges that as a result of the windstorm there has been serious property damage in many Millcreek neighborhoods. This damage includes downed trees and power lines as well as serious damage to homes.
ROAD CLOSURE: The entire stretch of Connor St is closed due to 3 downed power lines. @RMP_Utah estimates it will take 2-3 days to repair. Residents on Connor St can still enter/exit the area and we ask them to please exercise caution. All other residents, please avoid the area.
— Millcreek Utah (@MillcreekUT) September 8, 2020
The proclamation authorizes the city of Millcreek to “perform all functions authorized by federal, state, and local law to address this local emergency.”
Mayor Jeff Silvestrini has also authorized warming centers for use by residents who may still be without power. The warming center is located at the Millcreek Community Center at 2266 East Evergreen Avenue
Don’t forget to fill out this survey from @SLCoGov if you sustained damage to your property from the wind. Include damage to your home, business, yard, and/or vehicles. We may get reimbursed from FEMA for the damage, so it’s crucial that we report.https://t.co/iM56St4SmI
— Millcreek Utah (@MillcreekUT) September 9, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- United Angels Foundation
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah Medical Examiner’s Office finds no link between COVID-19 vaccine and deaths
- Dave & Dujanovic: Utah coronavirus survivor talks about his ordeal
- Movie theater operators hope ‘Tom and Jerry’ gives the industry a much needed boost
- Ingenuity Mars helicopter: The historic journey to fly on another planet
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park