Lori Vallow Daybell appears in an Idaho court Thursday and pleaded ‘not guilty’
ST. ANTHONY, Idaho — Lori Vallow Daybell pleaded not guilty to two felony charges relating to the death and disappearance of her two children, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow, and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan in an Idaho court Thursday. Her attorney Mark Means entered the plea after District Judge Dane H. Watkins Jr. summarized the two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence she is charged with.
A jury trial is scheduled tentatively to begin at 10 a.m. on April 2 with a pretrial conference scheduled for March 22.
Last month, Lori Vallow Daybell waived her right to a preliminary hearing.
Chad Daybell also pleaded not guilty
Last month, Lori Vallow Daybell’s husband, Chad, pleaded not guilty during his arraignment on four felony counts relating to the death and disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.
The bodies of both 7-year-old Vallow and 17-year-old Ryan were found buried on Chad Daybell’s property on June 9.
Chad Daybell’s jury trial is set to begin on January 11, 2021. Both the defense and prosecution expect his trial to last three weeks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Courage Reins
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains