Salt Lake City — If you take Trax to the airport, Utah Transit Authority says the Airport Trax Station will be closed beginning on Friday. UTA says riders who take the Green Line, which ends at the Salt Lake City Airport should be aware of a number of changes ahead of the expected July 2021 completion of a new station, which includes the operation of a new shuttle service.
A press release sent out late Thursday night says riders departing the airport should go to the Ground Level of the airport to the Airport Shuttle, which takes passengers directly to the 1940 West Station. All patrons heading to the airport via Trax Green Line will depart at 1940 West Station. From there you need to board the shuttle on the West Side of the platform for the ride to the airport.
Service hours on weekdays are from 5:30 a.m. until 11 p.m. with 15-minute service intervals before 7 p.m. and 30 minutes after 7 p.m. Saturday hours run from 6:20 a.m. until 11:20 p.m. arriving every 30 minutes. On Sundays, the service will run from 6:30 a.m. until 8:52 p.m., arriving every 30 minutes. They say plan for possible 15-30 minute delays.
UTA says they hope to finish a new permanent transit station at the new airport next summer which will be adjacent to the new terminal. The new airport opens next Tuesday. Until then, they advise people who leave from the current airport now but plan on returning after the new one opens, to park in the economy lot rather than the current garage, which they plan to demolish after the new airport opens.
Today’s Top Stories
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021
- Hill Cumorah Pageant final season canceled; Nauvoo Pageant postponed
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says