LAYTON UT — A man was killed in a two-vehicle crash in Layton early Saturday morning.
Layton police say the crash occurred around 6:30 a.m. on 700 South near 900 West.
Sgt. John Ottesen says a westbound driver in a passenger car drifted into eastbound traffic on 700 South near 900 West. Layton police say that driver hit another vehicle in a white truck, head-on.
The driver that drifted into eastbound traffic died as a result of the crash. Police say the other driver had no apparent injuries and left the scene. However, he was taken to a hospital by family members as a precautionary measure.
At this time, Sgt. Ottesen says there are no indicators that alcohol or drugs were involved.
Layton’s traffic division officers were at the scene of the crash Saturday morning, helping to recreate the accident and assist with the investigation.
Police say the man that died was 24-years-old, but no other information was made available as to his identity.
An investigation into the crash continues.
Today’s Top Stories
- Dogs that attacked girl will not be euthanized
- Iranian hackers said to target presidential campaign
- What actually happened at Area 51?
- Gov Cox: All Utah residents eligible for vaccine next Wednesday
- Moose goes cliff-diving, swims off without a scratch
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale
- Garth Limb – Heartland Elementary
- ‘In event of moon disaster’ – The speech President Richard Nixon never gave
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story