FARMINGTON, Utah — A 31-year-old man is dead after a rollover crash near Farmington Canyon around 5 p.m. Saturday, according to the Davis County Sheriff’s Office.
The man died after his side-by-side, which was carrying one other passenger, rolled about a half-mile from the canyon’s entrance. Search and Rescue were called because of the location of the crash, pronouncing the 31-year-old man dead on-scene.
1/2 | Farmington Canyon Accident
Today at approximately 5 pm, about .5 mile from the Farmington Canyon entrance, a side-by-side with two male passengers rolled. Due to the location, Search and Rescue was called out to assist.
— Davis County Sheriff’s Office (@DavisSheriffUT) September 13, 2020
The passenger, a 40-year-old man, was transported to the hospital. Officials report he is in stable condition.
Other details, such as the identity of the deceased man, have not yet been released.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- Illegal credit card skimming: Three habits I changed at the gas pump
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Cougar accidentally breaks into family home in Millcreek