LAYTON — Police are investigating a deadly shooting that took place near Church Street in Layton last night where a man was found alone with multiple gunshot wounds.
Sargent Eric Smith of Layton Police Department said after 8 p.m. Saturday police responded to a shooting in the area of Golden and Church Street.
Police found the adult male who had been shot multiple times outside on the street with nobody else at the scene.
Layton Fire transported the shooting victim to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police said they believe it was a drive-by shooting.
Sargent Ottesen with the Layton Police Department said detectives were out all night and they do have a few leads they are following.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Bill allowing schools to opt out of mask mandate gets favorable recommendation
- Where NBA teams will likely stand in the playoffs
- Peaceful protests in Provo Wednesday night