Firefighters are maxed out across the west, fighting fires in multiple states, as illustrated by an interactive map from the Associated Press.
We already know it could be one of Utah’s costliest wildfire seasons. But it could also be one of the nation’s worst, with fires visibly concentrated in the western states, but also dotting eastern, midwestern and southern states.
You can zoom in on the map of the fires for more detail and click the target button for specifics about a fire on the map.
- Utah Task Force One looking for victims and survivors of Oregon’s wildfires
- “Nothing left in the bucket”: Wildfire resources run thin
- 2020 fire season could be Utah’s costliest year ever
- Wildfires are ravaging the West coast. Here’s how you can help
- Seeping under doors, bad air from West’s fires won’t ease up
Today’s Top Stories
- Fire destroys multiple homes in Ogden
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- U., Hatch team up for center to promote political civility
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- Attack ads: a presidential history on TV
- A seemingly healthy woman’s sudden death is now the first known US coronavirus-related…
- Southwest Behavioral Health Center