Firefighters are maxed out across the west, fighting fires in multiple states, as illustrated by an interactive map from the Associated Press.
We already know it could be one of Utah’s costliest wildfire seasons. But it could also be one of the nation’s worst, with fires visibly concentrated in the western states, but also dotting eastern, midwestern and southern states.
You can zoom in on the map of the fires for more detail and click the target button for specifics about a fire on the map.
- Utah Task Force One looking for victims and survivors of Oregon’s wildfires
- “Nothing left in the bucket”: Wildfire resources run thin
- 2020 fire season could be Utah’s costliest year ever
- Wildfires are ravaging the West coast. Here’s how you can help
- Seeping under doors, bad air from West’s fires won’t ease up
Today’s Top Stories
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- Chris Christie in hospital as precaution after positive Covid-19 test
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Audit: Utah oil, gas division lacks environmental oversight
- Residents divided on proposed Parley’s project
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- ER doctor: Masks that don’t cover the nose more likely to spread COVID-19
- Police identify woman found dead at Midvale Motel 6
- Project Recovery: Casey Scott and Dr. Matt answer your questions