Firefighters are maxed out across the west, fighting fires in multiple states, as illustrated by an interactive map from the Associated Press.
We already know it could be one of Utah’s costliest wildfire seasons. But it could also be one of the nation’s worst, with fires visibly concentrated in the western states, but also dotting eastern, midwestern and southern states.
You can zoom in on the map of the fires for more detail and click the target button for specifics about a fire on the map.
- Utah Task Force One looking for victims and survivors of Oregon’s wildfires
- “Nothing left in the bucket”: Wildfire resources run thin
- 2020 fire season could be Utah’s costliest year ever
- Wildfires are ravaging the West coast. Here’s how you can help
- Seeping under doors, bad air from West’s fires won’t ease up
Today’s Top Stories
- Conservationists dealing with the spread of graffiti in Cottonwood canyons
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- Great Salt Lake inches away from a record low
- It’s time for the Great Utah Shake-Out
- Vickie Dean – Copper Hills Elementary
- A man ran the length of a marathon all from his balcony during France’s coronavirus lockdown