CEDAR CITY, UT — An unoccupied residence at 3529 W SR14 in Cedar City was destroyed by fire late Saturday night.
Patrol Sgt. Jeff Humphries of the Iron County Sheriff’s Office says that Cedar City Communications received multiple phone calls about trees on fire in the area. Callers also said that a nearby residence was on fire.
Iron County deputies and Cedar City police responded to find a home fully engulfed by flames.
Sgt. Humphries says that home was surrounded by trees and other residences. Firefighters from Cedar City Fire Department, Kanarraville Fire Department, and Color Country Fire responded and prevented the fire from spreading.
The home was unoccupied at the time and is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time and is currently being investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- Courage Reins
- Why your New Year’s resolution might be doing more harm than good