SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Chamber has launched the free, online “Road to Recovery” dashboard to show how Utah is recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The dashboard shows things like Utah’s unemployment rate, the number of restaurants currently open downtown, which businesses demonstrate improvements, and taxable retail sales.
Salt Lake Chamber President and CEO Derek Miller spoke with KSL-TV at the announcement of the dashboard. He feels more information will help more people.
“What we really want is business owners to get data that they can use to guide their decisions. We, as a Chamber of Commerce, want to have that data so we can advocate for policies that are going to help with our economic recovery,” Miller said.
He also hopes it makes shoppers feel more comfortable going to stores again.
“So, it’s one thing for a business to be safe, to have its doors open. But it’s another thing for that consumer to feel safe and to walk through those doors. So, we want to increase consumer confidence, which we know will help us in our economic recovery,” Miller said.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, Utah has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the United States.
The dashboard was funded by $100,000 in donations from Chamber members.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- UTA awards contract to study $1.2 billion extension plan
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards