SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A peaceful protest occurred Wednesday evening in opposition to a grand jury decision related to the death of Breonna Taylor.
A group of approximately 80-100 people gathered at the Murals located on 300 W 800 S in Salt Lake City. Police are aware of the peaceful protest and are there as needed.
Wednesday, a grand jury in Kentucky charged one police officer with two counts of wanton endangerment connected to the police shooting that killed Taylor. The charges sparked protests in Louisville, the city where Taylor was killed, that turned violent.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Bill would create firearm safety pilot program in Utah schools
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation