SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- A high-speed chase through Parley’s Canyon ended in the Salt Lake Valley after two individuals were arrested after being accused of stealing bicycles.
Lt. Andrew Wright with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said they received reports of two individuals stealing bikes off the backs of vehicles near Kimball Junction. Wright said when the responding deputy arrived on the scene he witnessed the two suspects placing a bicycle in the trunk of their vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop when the two fled.
Wright said the Summit Co. Deputy terminated the chase when it crossed county lines and Utah Highway Patrol took over. At approximately 8:00 PM a stand-off occurred between the suspects and UHP that lasted over an hour.
Sargent Spencer Cannon said there were no injuries even though two medical helicopters landed in the area.
Two suspects are currently under arrest but no charges have been filed.
This story is currently being investigated and will be updated when information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Utah voters break a record for presidential primary participation
- Searchers make urgent plea for more help finding missing hiker
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- ‘Quite a decent shake here’: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern interrupted by…
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting