SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- A high-speed chase through Parley’s Canyon ended in the Salt Lake Valley after two individuals were arrested after being accused of stealing bicycles.
Lt. Andrew Wright with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said they received reports of two individuals stealing bikes off the backs of vehicles near Kimball Junction. Wright said when the responding deputy arrived on the scene he witnessed the two suspects placing a bicycle in the trunk of their vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop when the two fled.
Wright said the Summit Co. Deputy terminated the chase when it crossed county lines and Utah Highway Patrol took over. At approximately 8:00 PM a stand-off occurred between the suspects and UHP that lasted over an hour.
Sargent Spencer Cannon said there were no injuries even though two medical helicopters landed in the area.
Two suspects are currently under arrest but no charges have been filed.
This story is currently being investigated and will be updated when information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- Ashley Calhoon- Golden Fields Elementary
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Tooele County School District
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting