WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — An early morning structure fire consumed a barn in West Valley City. However, several horses on the property were saved.
The fire was originally called as a house fire on 3500 South near 6500 West in West Valley. When crews arrived, they discovered it was a barn behind the home which was ablaze.
We have a report of a structure fire on 3500 South near 6400 West. Be prepared for delays or diversions as fire crews arrive on scene.
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) September 25, 2020
Crews were called just before 7 am, Friday and when they arrived, they found the barn fully engulfed in flames.
While the horses were reportedly safely removed, it’s unknown if other animals were involved in the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and no human injuries were reported.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups
- Police believe the El Paso shooter targeted Latinos. These are the victims’ stories
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County
- Utah tourism office unveils three-year plan to keep visitors and money rolling in
- Listen louder than you sing: inside the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- California to resume some activities by April 1
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Utah man being investigated for threatening to kill former US senator