WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — An early morning structure fire consumed a barn in West Valley City. However, several horses on the property were saved.
The fire was originally called as a house fire on 3500 South near 6500 West in West Valley. When crews arrived, they discovered it was a barn behind the home which was ablaze.
We have a report of a structure fire on 3500 South near 6400 West. Be prepared for delays or diversions as fire crews arrive on scene.
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) September 25, 2020
Crews were called just before 7 am, Friday and when they arrived, they found the barn fully engulfed in flames.
While the horses were reportedly safely removed, it’s unknown if other animals were involved in the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and no human injuries were reported.
Today’s Top Stories
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Large police presence near Rose Park
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Fired U of U detective refutes claims made by school about her dismissal
- ‘I want a future’: Global youth protests urge climate action
- What Options Do You Have If You Aren’t Comfortable with the Upcoming School Year? 5…
- Utah fire chief killed in head-on collision with trucks
- Storms bring hail, thunder, lightning, wind, flooding and power outages
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found