TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol continues an investigation into an accident early Sunday morning on southbound Skull Valley Road, also known as SR-196. Two people were killed in the accident.
UHP officials say neither person was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Spokesman Chris Bishop says the single-vehicle rollover crash occurred about 14 miles south of I-80 in Tooele County.
Bishop says the call came in at 5:43 a.m. on Sunday morning and when authorities arrived on the scene they found that two people had been ejected and killed.
The area is shut down while an accident reconstruction team is expected to continue the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Gov. Cox: Misinformation about COVID vaccines is dangerous
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night