SALT LAKE CITY — UPS is looking to hire for an additional 2,200 seasonal jobs across Utah as part of its national hiring spree expected to employ 100,000 people to help fulfill holiday orders.
“We’re preparing for a record Peak holiday season. The COVID-19 pandemic has made our services more important than ever,” UPS’ Chief Human Resources Officer Charlene Thomas said.
Thomas said that she also expects a large number of those hired on for seasonal work to be moved into permanent positions after the holiday rush.
“At a time when millions of Americans are looking for work, these jobs are an opportunity to start a new career with UPS,” she continued.
The delivery company says that starting pay for tractor-trailer and package car driver jobs is $21.00/hour and package handlers and driver-helpers start at $14.50/hour. They also offer a program for eligible student seasonal employees who, after three months of employment can earn up to $1,300 towards college expenses in addition to their hourly pay.
Local UPS facilities hiring seasonal workers include:
- Utah Regional Hub (UTLKE): 380 S. 6400 W. Salt Lake City, UT 84104
- Salt Lake City, UT (UTSLC): 2040 Parkway Blvd. Salt Lake City, UT 84119
- Orem, UT (UTORE): 573 N 1500 W, Orem, UT 84057
- Ogden, UT (UTOGD): 2750 Pennsylvania Ave, Ogden, UT 84401
- Cedar City, UT (UTCED): 963 N Main St, Cedar City, UT 84720
- St. George, UT (UTGEO): 4683 S 1630 E, St. George, UT 84790
- Salina, UT (UTSAL): 188 South 800 West, Salina, UT 84654
- Logan, UT (UTLOG): 95 W 1800 N, Logan, UT 84341
- Price, UT (UTPRI): 122 2600 S, Price, UT 84501
UPS says those interested should apply on their website.