SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The Salt Lake police union is filing an ethics complaint about a Salt Lake City councilwoman.
The target of the complaint is Amy Fowler, a trial attorney and former public defender.
Police union upset over Facebook post
Defending her stance
A post on her personal Facebook page continues: “I don’t represent any of the parties involved,” she says. “I had the same exact knowledge and facts that the public did, and I made a personal comment. As an attorney, when we take the oath we don’t give up our constitutional rights, and I was exercising my freedom of speech.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- Tsunami threat issued after powerful quake hits between Cuba and Jamaica