SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The Salt Lake police union is filing an ethics complaint about a Salt Lake City councilwoman.
The target of the complaint is Amy Fowler, a trial attorney and former public defender.
Police union upset over Facebook post
Defending her stance
A post on her personal Facebook page continues: “I don’t represent any of the parties involved,” she says. “I had the same exact knowledge and facts that the public did, and I made a personal comment. As an attorney, when we take the oath we don’t give up our constitutional rights, and I was exercising my freedom of speech.”
Today’s Top Stories
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- What you can do right now to stop robocalls
- Ticket buyers, beware: scalpers are out to rip you off
- News Masters of the Universe: Apollo Edition
- Tesla’s Cybertruck is the butt of every internet joke
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Son of infamous polygamist leader, Warren Jeffs, is dead
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- COLD: Computer at heart of Josh Powell custody dispute did not belong to him