TREMONTON, Utah — Fire crews responded to a fire that broke out in a boiler room at the West Liberty Foods meatpacking plant in Tremonton.
Police say there were two or three employees that were injured and sent to the hospital and nearby homes were evacuated for a short time due to concerns over chemicals inside the building.
Officials said several fire agencies that responded and were able to isolate the blaze and prevent it from spreading and knock it down pretty quickly.
.@KslOutdoors reports a fire at a meatpacking facility in Tremonton is causing neighbors to evacuate. They say it is over concerns that ammonia tanks on the property could explode. pic.twitter.com/rd3MN1TEzD
— KSL NewsRadio (@kslnewsradio) October 2, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Volunteers of America
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Possible coronavirus on cruise ship causes huge problems for Utah couple
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday