SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A Utah man died after a UTV accident in Wasatch Mountain State Park, the Utah Division of State Parks and Recreation released Sunday.
The 61-year-old man, Patrick Dugmore, was traveling alone in the park for a hunting trip. His family called authorities Sunday morning after reporting they hadn’t heard from him since 5 p.m. Saturday.
Officers from the parks and recreation office and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources responded to the area to search. Around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials report they found Dugmore’s body in the Little Deer Creek area.
Dugmore’s UTV was found at the bottom of a bank off the trail, roughly 1,000 feet away from his body. Officials report they believe he was wearing a seatbelt but not a helmet.
The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation say they extend condolences to the family. The UTV accident is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Payson shelter-in-place order lifted; sledgehammer suspect still at large
- Trump says FDA will fast track anti-viral treatments for patients with coronavirus
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard