SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A Utah man died after a UTV accident in Wasatch Mountain State Park, the Utah Division of State Parks and Recreation released Sunday.
The 61-year-old man, Patrick Dugmore, was traveling alone in the park for a hunting trip. His family called authorities Sunday morning after reporting they hadn’t heard from him since 5 p.m. Saturday.
Officers from the parks and recreation office and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources responded to the area to search. Around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials report they found Dugmore’s body in the Little Deer Creek area.
Dugmore’s UTV was found at the bottom of a bank off the trail, roughly 1,000 feet away from his body. Officials report they believe he was wearing a seatbelt but not a helmet.
The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation say they extend condolences to the family. The UTV accident is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Judge slashes jury damages in lawsuit over deaths of Susan Powell’s sons
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Pilot who crashed his own home in Payson had hangar code
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Officials say man who died was likely gored by bison at Antelope Island
- Update: More birds found dead after Friday night storm
- Utah tourism unemployment at an all time high according to new report