SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County libraries are now open to the public without having to make an appointment. Community members can just walk into the library to check out and browse books, print documents, use public computers, and more.
“The County Library is a crucial resource for so many Salt Lake County residents,” said Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson in a statement Monday. “I’m continually amazed at the way they’ve adapted their services this year.”
Salt Lake County Library branches closed on March 13 due to a public health order. They began doing curbside services on May 26. Then, on July 13, branches began letting in residents by appointment only. Library staff says they will continue to expand online programming that is easily accessible to all ages.
The Columbus branch is the only one that will not be opening due to limited space. The branch will be permanently closing a little ahead of schedule as construction for the Granite branch is underway. 2021 is the expected opening date for the Granite branch.
“We continually look for ways we can best serve the community, not only during this pandemic but for years to come,” County Library Director Jim Cooper said. “It’s exciting to see the Granite branch take shape.”
The County Library branches are open Monday through Thursday from 11 am to 7 pm and Friday through Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm. Branches are limiting the number of people allowed inside at any given time and face coverings are required.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis