President Donald Trump has been cleared to return to public engagements as soon as Saturday — just 10 days after his initial COVID-19 diagnosis. Sean Conley, the president’s physician, released a statement Thursday noting the president could make a “safe return” by this weekend.
“Since returning home, his physical exam has remained stable and devoid of any indications to suggest progression of illness,” Conley said in memo to Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany. “Overall he’s responded extremely well to treatment, without evidence on examination of adverse therapeutic effects.”
— Kayleigh McEnany (@PressSec) October 8, 2020
The update comes just three days after President Trump returned to the White House from Walter Reed Medical Center. The president was admitted to the hospital Friday after his initial diagnosis was announced the day before.
Since returning from the hospital, the president has touted his treatment — urging Americans to not let the coronavirus “dominate you.”
“Don’t be afraid of it. You’re going to beat it,” the president said in a video message taped after returning to the White House. “We have the best medical equipment. We have the best medicines, all developed recently.”
President Trump continued, saying he feels better now than he did 20 years ago.
The president has been eager to return to the campaign trail, looking to host more rallies before the election in 26 days. President Trump spent his time at Walter Reed working, posting photos to Twitter from the hospital.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend patients self-isolate for at least 1o days after experiencing coronavirus symptoms. With his physician’s approval, that means President Trump is cleared to return to campaigning as soon as Saturday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Tooele County Health Department
- With J&J vaccines arriving in Utah, Gov. Cox optimistic
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Opponents try to stop SLCO tax hike for UTA