SALT LAKE CITY — North Salt Lake resident Mariah Simmonds says she woke up around 1 a.m. Friday morning with contractions.
Namely, five contractions within the space of two minutes. A sure sign of active labor.
Simmonds says she and her husband ran to their truck, jumped in, and started speeding on I-15 toward My Family Birth Center in Ogden where she had planned to have the baby.
But the baby had other plans. Simmonds says her husband Kirk had to pull over and run to the passenger side of the truck where he delivered the baby girl.
On the side of Hwy. 89 near South Weber Drive in South Ogden.
“Luckily I was able to catch her, and everything worked out good,” Kirk Simmonds told KSL TV.
Mom, dad, and baby Macy are reported to be healthy and happy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Former producer: Doug Wright is the master of the scoop
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason