WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley Police say a pregnant woman died in a car crash Thursday night, and her baby is in critical condition still alive. The crash happened around 7 P.M. on Bangerter Highway at the intersection of 3500 South.
Fatal car crash, with miraculous delivery
Newborn in critical condition
“The baby was delivered and was in critical condition and I believe, was being flown to Primary Children’s Hospital,” says Lieutenant Mauer.
A tragic crash in West Valley City kills a mother who was 8 months pregnant. Her baby was delivered at the hospital but is in critical condition this morning. Happened at 3500 South and Bangerter Hwy. I’ll have more details on @KSL5TV throughout the A.M. pic.twitter.com/gW9646DflP
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) October 16, 2020
Meanwhile, both the driver of the Subaru and the driver of the Mitsubishi Lancer were listed in stable condition.
Police say they are still investigating what caused the crash and have not ruled out alcohol, drugs or distracted driving.
“We’re still looking into all of that,” she explains. “We haven’t ruled out anything yet.”
No identities have been released at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- The Nightside Project is Back!