SALT LAKE CITY — Police say they have arrested a suspect in a shooting that has killed one person and left two in critical condition in Salt Lake City. In a statement Monday, Salt Lake City police say they are investigating the shooting as a homicide.
The suspect taken into custody is a 17-year-old juvenile, according to police.
Detectives were able identify and locate the suspect in this homicide. A 17-year-old male juvenile, has been taken into custody. pic.twitter.com/hNGr55VHi6
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) October 19, 2020
The incident occurred near Tanner Park at 2535 E. Heritage Way around 4 p.m on Sunday. When police arrived at the scene, they said they found three males with gunshot wounds. The three men were transported to nearby hospitals in critical condition.
As of Monday, one 25-year-old victim has died from his shooting injuries. Officers report witnesses at the scene saw the suspect driving away from the scene in a black SUV, possibly a BMW.
The homicide investigation is ongoing. If you have any information about the shooting or case, police ask you please call 801-799-3000, and reference case #20-188602.
Today’s Top Stories
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Book Buddies: Kids can read to Utah shelter pets virtually
- Utahns urged to stay indoors during record-breaking low temperatures
- Utah officials watch for COVID-19 variants, say UK strain not dominant yet
- Brigham Young University installs “family friendly” section in student library
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures