SALT LAKE CITY — A 30-year-old teacher at Roy High School was arrested Wednesday night by Layton Police on suspicion of enticing and sexually exploiting a minor.
Brady Glenn Allen, 30, was booked into Davis County Jail and ordered held without bail as court documents say he was targeted as part of an undercover operation with the FBI Child Exploitation Task Force in August.
Court documents allege Allen contacted a detective portraying a 13-year-old child online, then asked for nude photos and wanted to arrange a meeting for sex. Layton police arrested Allen at the arranged meeting on Wednesday. According to police, he later admitted he was the man talking to the detective posing as a child.
Court documents say Allen’s potential charges include Enticing Soliciting Seducing or Luring a Minor by Internet, a second-degree felony, and Sexual Exploitation of Minor, a third-degree felony. As of late Wednesday night, no formal charges against Allen have been announced.
According to court records, Allen does not have a criminal past in Utah, aside from a handful of traffic violations.
Roy High School confirmed Allen is a multi-media teacher at Roy High School and said they were told
The arrest occurred outside of school. We were told that the alleged criminal actions of Mr. Allen were not related to any activities that took place at Roy High School, and it did not involve any students.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks